June Summary















ACTION/ADVENTURE:
Manhunter

Worst: I know that technically this is suspense, but "Manhunter" wasn't scary enough to place in that genre.



CLASSIC:
City Lights
Dodsworth
Gaslight
Winchester '73
Wuthering Heights

Best: "Dodsworth"
Worth: "Winchester '73"...it's not bad, just kind of forgettable.



COMEDY:
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Sleeper
The Darjeerling Limited
The Muppet Movie
The Purple Rose of Cairo

Best: "Fantastic Mr. Fox" and "The Purple Rose of Cairo"
Worst: "A Million Way to Die in the West"



DOCUMENTARY:
Anvil: The Story of Anvil

Best: Although I had problems with it, this documentary is emotional and well-made.



DRAMA:
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Her
My Dinner with Andre
Stranger Than Paradise
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Best: "My Dinner with Andre"
Worst: "Stranger Than Paradise"



FOREIGN:
Au Revoir Les Enfants
Black Orpheus
Cleo from 5 to 7
Europa Europa
La Notte
Lola Montès
My Night at Maud's
Paradise Now
Sátántangó
Underground

Best: "Paradise Now", "Black Orpheus", and "Au Revoir Les Enfants"
Worst: "Sátántangó"....I don't need seven hours of pointless film.





No comments:

Post a Comment