April Summary















Another month done. Here are the links to April's reviews broken up by genre and arranged alphabetically with my picks for best and worst of each. The genres may not fit all of the movies perfectly, but this way I have less work.

ACTION/ADVENTURE:
Drive
In Bruges
Inception
Looper
The Usual Suspects
V for Vendetta

Best: "Inception"...duh, followed by "The Usual Suspects"
Worst: "Drive". It really didn't deliver.

CLASSICS:
A Night in Casablanca
Double Indemnity
Going My Way
How Green Was My Valley
Jaws
Mrs. Miniver
Network
Some Like It Hot
Sunset Boulevard
The Jungle Book
The Life of Emile Zola

Best: I actually think that "Jaws" is the best of this list. It keeps the attention from the beginning, a great movie.
Worst: Although "How Green Way My Valley" had a good ending that brought the tears, it wasn't enough to make up for the rest of the film and Roddy McDowall.

COMEDY:
In the Loop
The Producers
Zombieland

Best: "The Producers", though I am generally fond on Nathan Lane.
Worst: The barrage and failure to wrap up the third act place "In the Loop" at the bottom.

DOCUMENTARY:
Man on Wire

Best: "Man on Wire" is a great movie, it's really one of the best documentaries I've seen.

DRAMA:
A Beautiful Mind
Barton Fink
Catch Me If You Can
Chicago
Days of Heaven
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Frost/Nixon
Margin Call
Mommie Dearest
Rabbit Hole
Shattered Glass
Slumdog Millionaire
Strictly Ballroom
The Crying Game
The Grifters

Best: "A Beautiful Mind" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" followed closely by "Frost/Nixon" and "Slumdog Millionaire".
Worst: "Mommie Dearest"! What a horrible ending!

FOREIGN:
Paris, je t'aime

Best: This movie is really quite something.

SCIENCE FICTION:
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Star Trek

Best: "Star Trek" simply because of the keen special effects and the good action.
Worst: "A.I." because it failed to end properly.

SUSPENSE/THRILLER/HORROR:
Breach
Memento
Pi
The Game

Best: "Memento"
Worst: "Pi". For whatever reason, I've found that I really don't like Darren Aronofsky's movies. Maybe it's because he likes to push the viewer and I don't like being pushed.


No comments:

Post a Comment