February Summary













Well since I've just been reviewing movies as I've been seeing them, in no particular order, with no rhyme or reason; I figured I would give a quick synopsis of this month's reviews. I broke them apart by genre and have them listed alphabetically as well as my picks for best and worst.

ACTION/ADVENTURE:
Django Unchained
Fight Club
Skyfall
Jurassic Park
The Untouchables
Zero Dark Thirty

Best: Surprisingly, this is a very solid group of movies. My favorite is probably "Jurassic Park", but "Skyfall" is magnificent....I obviously can't say anything about "Fight Club".
Worst: Please, I beg of you, take my advice and leave "The Untouchables" untouched.

DRAMA:
American Beauty
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Dog Day Afternoon
Hunger
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Magnolia
Side Effects
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Social Network

Best: There are three for the best: "American Beauty", "Beasts of the Southern Wild", and (although I would never force upon someone else) "Hunger".
Worst: Two for the worst: "Dog Day Afternoon" and "Side Effects", even though they are solid films I liked them the least of any two on this list.


COMEDY:
A Fish Called Wanda
Lost in Translation
Silver Linings Playbook
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Producers (1968)
This is Spinal Tap

Best: "This is Spinal Tap" and "Silver Linings Playbook"
Worst: "The Producers" and "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". Again with this list, it's not that they're bad, just not as good.

CLASSICS:
The Broadway Melody
Cabaret
Casablanca
Cimarron
Chinatown
Duck Soup
Doctor Zhivago
From Here to Eternity
Gentleman's Agreement
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Grand Hotel
On the Waterfront

Best: The one that I enjoyed the most of any was "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
Worst: "The Broadway Melody" by far and then "Gentleman's Agreement".

FOREIGN:
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
The Red Balloon

Both of these films are great, though I liked "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" more.

HORROR/THRILLER:
The Cabin in the Woods
Monster

"Cabin in the Woods" definitely the better of the two.

KIDS:
Tron: Legacy
Wreck-It Ralph

Well I liked "Tron" and pretty much detested "Ralph", so there's no question here it what my picks are.


No comments:

Post a Comment